|Ratio and Proportion - Assignments|
Page 5 of 5
1. From a circular sheet of paper with a radius of 20 cm, four circles of radius 5cm each are cut out. What is the ratio of the uncut to the cut portion?
2. Two liquids A and B are in the ratio 5 : 1 in container 1 and in container 2, they are in the ratio 1 : 3. In what ratio should the contents of the two containers be mixed so as to obtain a mixture of A and B in the ratio 1 : 1?
3. The cost of a diamond varies directly as the square of its weight. Once, this diamond broke into four pieces with weights in the ratio 1 : 2 : 3 : 4. When the pieces were sold, the merchant got Rs. 70,000 less. Find the original price of the diamond.
4. In a locality, two-thirds of the people have cable-TV, one-fifth have VCR, and one-tenth have both, what is the fraction of people having either cable TV or VCR?
5. A can is full of paint. Out of this 5 litres are removed and thinning liquid substituted. The process is repeated. Now the ratio of paint to thinner is 49 :15. What is the full capacity of the can?
6. The ratio of sum of squares of first n natural numbers with square of sum of first n natural numbers is 17: 325. the value of n is
7. The value of each of a set of silver coins varies as the square of its diameter, if its thickness remains constant; and it varies as the thickness, if the diameter remains constant. If the diameters of two coins are in the ratio 4 : 3 what should the ratio of their thickness be if the value of the first is 4 times that of the second?